bill barminski • 1962 • wiki
Barminski works in a variety of mediums including painting, sculpture, animation, music and video. He has had over 20 solo exhibits at various galleries in Los Angeles and NYC, was a participating artist at Banksy's Dismaland and Beyoned the Streets. Starting in the early 1990’s Barminski began exploring the possibilities of digital media and video. in 1999 he collaborated with director Baz Lurhman to create the music video for the Sunscreen Song. In 2007 Barminski teamed up with Chris Louie to form a creative company called Walter Robot. In 2009 their work was included at the Sundance Film Festival and has won several awards including Best Music Video Los Angeles Film Festival 2009. Collaborations with musical artists include: Death Cab For Cutie, Gnarls Barkley, Hodgy Beats, Ben Lovett, Kid Cudi, People in Planes, Rob Thomas and others. Other projects include one of the most expensive Absolut Artist billboards created, restaurant identity design and Billboard designs for AHA. Barminski teaches digital media at UCLA, 1997 - current.
Current and recent projects:
• Beyond The Streets - Mark Isbin's Livingroom
• Modern Sky Music Festival. Changsha, China - Livingroom Playhouse
• Banksy's Dismaland - Security Entrance Theater
• Digital set design and animation for the Cleveland Orchestra’s production of Janacek’s opera “The Cunning Little Vixen", directed by Yuval Sharon.
• Animated show “Highland Avenue” currently in development for Adult Swim.